Product Update | 2017-09-19 | Cirrus Assessment
Announcing our next release with some great improvements for the academic year that has just started:
- Report access differentiation: you decide who has access to what reports
- IMS LTI integration with the Canvas LMS
- Marking: further improvements for Assessors and Moderators [continued]
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
The release is planned for Tuesday September 19th at 7am CEST (check your local time here). There will be approximately one hour of service interruption due to migrations involved.
Ever wondered why you add a hierarchy to a schedule in Cirrus? As we wrote before this will help with Marking Coordination. As of this release it will also help you to decide which people or test-centers get to see which results:
- Setting up who can access reports on your candidate's results (role and hierarchy based)
- Setting up access to reports on assessment performance (role based)
People that currently have access will have their Role automatically adjusted. It is up to Admins to correctly enable access in the user profiles after the release.
Cirrus now offers an out of the box IMS LTI integration with the Canvas LMS:
- You can add Cirrus to the list of tools in LMS Canvas.
- When a candidate clicks this link they will go directly to their Cirrus dashboard without having to log in.
Read more in our article on our "IMS LTI integration with Canvas LMS"
As announced with this release we will add:
- More columns in marking submissions [moved to next release]
- Sorting of columns in marking [moved to next release]
- 'Select all' option in marking - useful when submitting scores for example [moved to next release]
Keep an eye out for news on our further upcoming improvements in Marking!
[Delivery] On screen calculator needs to work with numpad
- [Delivery] Copy paste from answers in locked timed section should be possible
[SOWISO] Remove superfluous save buttons and save on state change or Cirrus save button
- [SOWISO] For evaluation type numeric we’ve added Precision, Range Low and Range High. An on-screen warning has been added when your Definition is not within Range
- [Library > Collections] Impossible to remove audio file from copied page/section
- [Edge,IE] When creating Match, Extended match questions there sometimes are loading issues with the editor.
All our Release Notes
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant changes. Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receives notice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.