Product Update | 2017-04-11 | Cirrus Assessment
This is a high impact release, touching upon all aspects of the platform due to a database upgrade. Planning has moved from Sunday April 2nd to Tuesday April 11th 5am - 9am CEST (check your timezone here). Changes include:
- Database upgrade for better performance and more
- Admin: restrict user-login on IP address or IP range
- Improvements, changes and bug fixes
With this release we will upgrade the database. This will improve performance and needs to be done for security purposes. We've done rigorous testing as this concerns the very core of our platform and touches upon every aspect of our application!
In user management, we've added a field for registering the allowed IP addresses per user. By default this field is empty - which means there is no restriction to log in from a specific address. If you enter an IP address or IP range, the user can only log in from this IP or IP range.
When the users tries to log in from another IP than that was registered the user will get a message stating “Sorry, but you don’t have permission to log in from this IP or IP range”
You can add multiple IP addresses: they should be separated by a comma.
You can add an IP range by using a dash (for example x.xx.20.123-x.xx.20.130)
Empty = All IP addresses allowed.
Delivery > Essay: for UK environments (which is set under regional settings) the British English dictionary is not set as default in the editor for essay questions.
- Delivery >Essay: added a character count in the essay question editor box (to simulate Twitter text entry)
Marking: Grade scales are now read only for for Markers.
Marking: Fixed occurrence of duplicate set for markers for the same exam if the marking coordinator hit save twice.
[Import] added option to import questions with external id using QTI import
Invigilation: Pausing exam sometimes is not directly visible to candidate
- Scheduling: It should be impossible to manually add a past date
- Content management > Schedules: pop over is still shown after deleting records from the table
- [Dutch UI] Button is moved to the next line in Add media element dialog.
Logging: We’ve added logging on Registration Forms
General: We’ve refactored our code for better maintenance
- Delivering > Invigilation tab: Added auto refresh
- Delivering > Pausing exam sometimes does not work immediately for candidate
All our Release Notes
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com
The Cirrus Assessment Team