Product Update | 2017-05-27 | Cirrus Assessment
- Assessment versioning [NEW]
- Simplifying the Learning Objective repository and its administration
- Improvements to the Score Report show learning objectives or subjects
- Printing of candidate reports
- Introducing the extended results report: the Candidate Feedback report
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
Based on our conversations with customers we’ve decided to split up our changes to minimise impact during these busy months. Authors please be aware that the assessment preview button will move to the top right of your screen under the more options [...] button - also see the screenshot below.
We are introducing assessment versioning which will allow you to create new versions of your assessments Benefits:
- Existing schedules will always use the latest published version - as long as the schedule has not started. (Recognisable by the green arrow and Published: Yes)
- You can view the version history of an assessment including the statistics per version to see how they performed.
- While editing an assessment this will be locked for editing. This means other authors will not be able to make conflicting changes.
All this functionality will be available under a button in the top right of your screen or see our article on Assessment Versioning. Please be aware that the button to preview the assessment will move to the top right of your screen. Read the article about "Versioning of your assessment".
Admin > Learning Objectives will be simplified after this release. We will make creating folders and categories optional. They can be used to organise your subjects and learning objectives but no longer mandatory and are not used in the Score Report. This will remove several layers and helps keeping things simpler.
With our improve Score Report you will be able to give feedback on your assessments using:
- Score Report on Subject - without showing the underlying Learning Objectives individually.
- Score Report on Subjects but also showing individual Learning Objectives
When reporting on Subject the candidate will only see how they achieved on Subject level. The assessment author decides the kind of feedback / report that will be shown. By default assessment using the score report will show the Score Report on Subjects including individual Learning Objectives - similar to what it displays today.
Select the Score Report for your candidates under Assessment Options:
Apart from viewing and exporting candidate results or answers with this release we've extended the options to print out your candidates report: You can export your candidate answers per question including any markers and moderator comments in the Candidate Feedback Report which can be used to discuss candidate specific results or be used in case of appeals where human marking is involved.
We are introducing the extended results export: The Candidate Feedback report. This export not only shows what your candidate answered for each question, but it also lists any Marker comments and / or Moderator feedback. Use this to provide constructive feedback where required. You can download it via Admin > Reports.
1) CR-3888 Searching filter should be remembered
2) CR-4020 Impossible to save marker's annotation when using mouse for copy paste (hotkeys work)
3) CR-4121 [Marking>Completed>Submissions] show correct information
4) CR-3918 Pausing exam works incorrectly sometimes
5) CR-3472 [Statistics] Recalculate assessment statistics on Production
6) CR-4122 Layout issues with printed assessments
1) CR-4051 [Library > Collections] LO Folders and taxonomies should be sorted alphabetically
2) CR-4073 Move "Void" to the end of the list
3) CR-3881 Add option to check correct answer in assessments preview for FITB questions
4) CR-3984 Show message when making this version current
5) CR-2951 UI Improvements
6) CR-4115 [Admin>Content Management >Assessments] Show author name
7) CR-4125 [Marking>To be assessed tab] The button length is incorrect.
8) CR-4075 [Library > Collections] Labels should be shown when importing items from another collection
9) CR-3637 [Marking] Change formula when using moderation
10) CR-4074 [Admin > External API settings] Terms should be non-mandatory field
11) CR-4184 [Delivering > Invigilation tab] Add modal window
1) CR-4007 Hierarchy is not shown immediately when user adds it in Admin > Users
2) CR-4006 It should be impossible to add capital letters in UserName via UI
3) CR-4003 Password reset mail sending fix
4) CR-3986 General Search shows incorrect results
5) CR-4030 Disconnect duration is calculated incorrectly when two non-synchronized servers are used
6) CR-4031 FE and BE calculate timeout duration independently of each other
7) CR-4078 IMS LIS: Create User fix.
All our Release Notes
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant changes. Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receives notice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. When applicable we can also offer pre-testing for high-impact releases.