Marking > Results: collecting and publishing / processing results of your candidates
Once markers have scored all handed in assessments and submitted the scores, it is time to think about:
- Publishing the results of your Assessments / Candidates
- Marking: exporting results / scores
- Further processing: what are the effects of publishing results & where can you see and download results?
Once your team has submitted their assessment of the candidates answers, the scores given, the next step is publication of the results on the Marking > 'Results'-tab:
- The 'Results-tab' has permission-based access: admins can define who can see which results via a user's profile:
- Via the users profile under Admin > User > Hierarchy > View reports is checked for the hierarchy associated with the schedule
- If you are assigned as marker/moderator to a schedule you will see the results for that schedule.
- The coordinator determines who can publish results per schedule. Even people that are not involved in marking/assessing/moderation (like himself) can be the publisher of the results if they have been granted access by an admin (see first point):
Screenshot of assigning publishing of a schedule:
- Add assessors button to add assessors, moderators and publishers
- Use the 'Other' option and the check-box 'Publish Results' to enable people that are not involved in assessing/moderation to be the publisher of the results.
- The 'Publish Results' check-box can give any author or moderator the power to publish the results.
Screenshot of Marking: Results tab:
- On the Results-tab in Marking you can select the results you want to publish.
- (Advanced) Search and hierarchies of schedules help you narrow down the group of results to publish.
- On-screen tips and available filters ('Show' and 'Filter by') help you focus on those results that have not been published yet.
- To publish results:
- use the check-boxes next to candidates to select them for publication
- Use the search-box to narrow down groups of candidates by looking up a schedule title for example.
- Click on the 'filter-icon' to open op advanced search options to search by date or hierarchy.
- Click the 'Publish results'-button to publish selected results. This will open a screen offering available options upon publication:
Options upon publishing results:
- When available you can decide to publish to the candidate dashboard - allowing your candidates to access feedback as setup under the options of the assessment / schedule.
- Tick the checkbox 'Inform candidates by e-mail' if you want to email the results to the candidates of your assessment.
- Click 'Publish'-button.
Important notes on publishing results:
Cirrus offers multiple options when exporting assessment results under Marking when you click on the Export to Excel button:
[Image showing example of the Export to Excel window:]
A further description of the different formats you can export to can be found in our article 'Reports: exporting to Excel options'
The effects of publishing
There are several places where result can be seen and/or downloaded depending on where you are in the marking workflow.
Results under Marking and Reports in Cirrus
Candidate Dashboard: for published results and candidate review sessions
Where can I or my candidates see the results
Remember the different tabs / stages in Marking?
- Coordinator - lists scheduled assessments that need markers appointed
- Assess - lists scheduled assessments where a marker selects what to score
- Results - lists all work that was scored and submitted by the markers but which has not yet been published.
- Rescoring - tab which only a few see. Gives the power to override scoring.
- Candidate review - special tab (usually not for all markers) where you can schedule a online 'Review session' for the candidate to see his/her answers and scoring.
- Audit - assessments who's schedule has ended and which have been marked, submitted and published end up here. Formerly known as the 'Completed'-tab.
- Where we talk about Markers usually also Moderators could be involved.
- Markers please note: candidates can be added to an ongoing schedule. Hints on the screen will alert you to the number of candidates you still need to mark.