Product Update | 2016-01-29 | Cirrus Assessment
With great pleasure we’re announcing our latest product update today. Changes include:
- Library: improved collection overview
- Delivery: now with a restore button for Candidates
- Now at your fingertips: the Customer Portal
- Invigilation: the invigilation screen is now updated real-time
- Linear On The Fly Testing (random assessments)
- User interface improvements
- Bug fixes and improvements
We have enriched the collection overview in your library. Now you can see when a collection was last modified, the number of questions in each collection and an ‘available to’ column which shows if you have created that collection or whether it has been shared with you. Tip: you can mark collections you’re working on as your favourite for easy access.
Cirrus already was saving and securely logging all entries made by your candidates. However, did you ever ask yourself the question: What happens when a candidate (accidentally) deletes the answer to one of the essay questions during an exam? Such an event can lead to frustration and lost time to re-enter the answer. That’s why we’ve now added a restore button for candidates, which makes it possible to restore deleted answers by the candidate.
You now have instant access to a wealth of useful information including these product updates our user guides in our knowledge-base, information on our training and much more. We’ll keep looking for improvements so you can get the most out of the Cirrus platform and are planning to add more video’s in the future. Have a look at: support.cirrusassement.com
The data on the invigilation screen is now updated real-time. This means that you can now see candidates starting the assessment or handing in their results without having to press your browser's refresh button.
With this release you will be able to create random assessments. When generating assessments, you can either choose fixed assessments or random assessments. If you select random assessments, each candidate will get a unique set of questions. Please note that in the first version we only support this in creating the assessment. Within the next month we are aiming to release the delivery part of this functionality.
In this release we have made a number of security improvements and will continue to focus on this for future releases.
The following user interface improvements has been realised:
- Back-arrows next to page titles for easier navigation
- Help text is now grey with a smaller font as to not take too much focus away from functionalities
- Table views have been optimised, especially with word-wrapping
As always we keep on making improvement and fix bugs, for example in the Marking section we fixed the average time shown and the visibility of the hotspot answers for markers. We’ve also fixed/improved our Item import to fully include the import of taxonomies and item purpose..
Other improvements include:
- Improved localisation support
- Improved mail notifications. There are now no limits to how many mails you can send through the Cirrus platform, for instance when notifying the candidates
- Several small fixes and improvements.
In the near future
We are now working hard on full support for psychometric analysis of your items and assessments. Expect to see the first results of this work very soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com or simply reply to this email.
We’ll be in touch!
The Cirrus Assessment Team