Scheduling: Information setting.
After you’ve provided the initial information and setup the new schedule, Cirrus will take you through the steps to enable you to schedule your assessment.
The first tab 'Information' for naming, timing / deadline and more
- Schedule Title - here you can still amend your schedule name. Tip: make your schedule title unique or easily recognisable by including information on timing / location or group. This will make it a lot easier to find later on when marking or looking for results.
- Hierarchy - select the hierarchy level you want to associate with this schedule. This allows users who have hierarchy checked on their profile
- to do Marking Coordination or to
- to access reports on this assessment later on.
- Note that Schedulers only see a list of hierarchies they have access to.
- This has no influence on which candidates can take this assessment - that is set on the Candidates tab when scheduling.
- Setting a schedule window or time-frame in which the assessment can be taken by your candidates:
- Schedule opens – the start of the window during which he assessment can be started by candidates.
- Schedule deadline – the end of the window during which the assessment can be started by candidates. This deadline is final - see below.
- Please note: this schedule window or schedule timeframe is different from the maximum time allowed for each attempt which is the duration of the assessment (!) as is determined by the author of the assessment. The schedule deadline is always leading.
Note: this time zone changes with daylight saving time. On 1 January timezone for Amsterdam is GMT +1, on July 1st this is GMT+2. This also means that , when clicking on the GMT +1 for a schedule starting on Jan 1st, the screen will show GMT+2 - as the window comes with the current timezone settings.
Important tips when scheduling:
It is considered best practice to setup an extended schedule timeframe in which the assessment can be taken. E.g. an assessment from 10-12 am is scheduled from 9:55 to 12:30. This provides flexibility in case an exam needs to be paused for example. When doing this one should consider the procedures at the exam provider or at the location of the assessment delivery.
Remember that the schedule deadline is always leading: the schedule deadline is final. (Not even Cirrus can change it).
When a candidate starts an 120 minute exam 60 minutes before the schedule deadline, he will only have 60 minutes to complete the exam!
When the deadline is in 70 minutes, the candidate has 60 minutes and the invigilator gives 30 minutes extra time, the deadline is still final: the candidate will only get 70 minutes. In other words in these cases the candidates timer will count down towards the schedule deadline.
The maximum time between when a schedule opens and its deadline is 2 years.
Step 2: the options tab of a schedule [optional]
Depending on the assessment setup the scheduler can have access or not to the 'Options' to set the necessary and optional settings for your schedule.
Step 3: adding candidates to your schedule
Step 4: adding invigilators to your schedule
Step 5: activating your schedule
Click 'Schedule'-button in the top right corner can be used when you've gone through all the steps on information setting, changing options (if allowed), adding candidates and invigilator (when applicable):
This window offers the options to:
- ‘Notifications’ you can email certain users about the schedule:
- ‘Inform candidates’ – an automated email will be sent to those candidates who have been scheduled for the assessment, once it has been scheduled.
- ‘Inform assessors’ – an automated email will be sent to those assessors who have been assigned to the assessment for marking, once it has been scheduled.
- ‘Inform invigilators’ – an automated email will be sent to those assessors who have been assigned to the assessment for marking, once it has been scheduled.
- 'To do' an overview of any required steps still missing to activate your schedule (booking) which makes it available online for the selected candidates.
- A 'Schedule'-button which only becomes available if you have nothing left on your 'To do'