Cirrus Assessment works on all major browsers, please see the file attached to this article (bottom of the page) for more detailed system requirements.
Browser Check for Candidates
Cirrus offers candidates a browser check on the introduction page of their exam.
Security settings: Using Cirrus within a locked-down environment and PIN
When delivering high stakes exams, extra layers of security can be added.
- Cirrus offers options like using a PIN code to start the assessment, randomising questions and/or answer options per candidates, using blue print et cetera. We also recommend the use of a 'PIN' for extra security.
- A so called ‘Lock-down browser’ can ensure that a candidate cannot exit the browser window while the assessment is in progress.
- Online invigilation: remote proctoring
To use this option, you will need to perform a check on whether the examination facilities and your Cirrus setup support this extra layer of security.
- Safe Exam Browser: Cirrus provides standard integration with Safe Exam Browser, one of the most used and trusted ways of ensuring safe delivery of exams. Drop us a line if your are interested in our Safe Exam Browser manual.
- Online automated proctoring using Proctorio, an online proctoring service which takes invigilation to an even higher level.
- Online human proctoring using ProctorU, an online proctoring service which takes invigilation to an even higher level.
Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
The Cirrus Assessment Team