You easily create Taxonomy terms (Taxonomies) manually in Cirrus:
- Go to Admin > Taxonomies
- Here you will see an overview of repositories with Taxonomies referred to as Taxonomy categories are setup for your environment:
|Tip: you can read more about the using Taxonomies in your e-assessments.|
- Select the Taxonomy Category you want to manually add Taxonomie terms to (or create a new one).
- The 'Add taxonomy'-screen will open where you can add / change / deactive taxonomy terms:
- The category (repository) has a title and a short description [A]
- You can add and delete rows (taxonomy terms) using the buttons [B]
- Please note: enter taxonomy terms in the order you want to display them for your item authors. You cannot change the order of the terms at this point.
- You can (temporarily) deactivate individual terms [C]
When you deactivate taxonomy terms the following applies:
- [Library] You can no longer select it when creating / editing an item
- [Library] On existing items nothing changes, i.e. it does not automatically get deselected
- [Assessments: Blueprints]
- The taxonomy category will still be visible in the dropdown box used to select your taxonomy category
- De-activated taxonomy terms are still available in the blueprint matrix for question selection as deactivation does not mean that authors might not want to use them for assessment authoring.