Product Update | 2016-07-15 | Cirrus Assessment
With great pleasure we’re announcing our latest product update. Changes include:
- Improved hierarchy management: defining groups as the 'root' Organisation for your users
- Scheduling: improved ability to search which assessment to book
- Formative and Mixed assessments: the scheduler now automatically is able to view the assessment under Marking
- Previewing assessments: newly added overview screen with all relevant details for authors
- Small changes and bug fixes
Administrators now have the option to define a hierarchy group as the Organisation - the the new root level for the users belonging to this hierarchy level. This limits what users can be seen when browsing for users when adding candidates or markers to your assessment, or when sharing collections with colleagues. Read more about sharing and scheduling using hierarchies.
Selecting the correct assessment to schedule now longer requires browsing through a long list: you can now use the new search box provided to narrow down your options really quickly:
Formative and Mixed assessments: the scheduler now automatically is able to view the assessment under Marking
When scheduling formative or mixed assessments there often is a different marking workflow involved compared to planning and grading summative (high-stakes) assessments. This is why the scheduler (often individual teachers) are now initially and automatically assigned to marking. This can be changed of course.
When previewing an Assessment, we've now included a new overview for authors showing the assessment's settings, information, candidate experience settings but also listing the total maximum score and all items in the exam plus their associated Learning Objectives and Taxonomies. Read more about this and see an example on this new overview when previewing assessments.
- Several UI Improvements were made to make better use of the space available on the screen. We are working hard to update all screenshots in our documentation site - please bear with us! Let us know how you like our new look and feel!
- Import of users: a bunch of changes and improvements were made:
- when you try to import the same user with new hierarchy, the user's hierarchies will be amended an no longer overwritten.
- Import of users now has improved and more user friendly error descriptions.
- After you select or import a file (users of learning objectives import) you are now able to select/import again without manually refreshing the window is refreshed.
- Manual question selection: preview icon was not visible on small screen.
- Invigilation screen and Invigilation logs performance (loading times) have improved.
All our Release Notes
You can always find our updates and release notes on our customer portal. These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant changes.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments to email@example.com.
The Cirrus Assessment Team