Product Update | 2018-03-23 | Cirrus Assessment
Announcing a high impact release, with important new features.
- Candidate Review sessions [NEW!]
- A new way of sharing your Assessments [NEW]
- Connection issues for candidates: option to lock exams when the connection drops too long
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
The release is planned for Friday March 23rd at 7am CET (check your local time here). There will be approximately 60 minutes of possible service interruption due to migrations involved.
With this release comes the power to easily allow reviewing of assessments after they has been marked and published. Just schedule a Candidate Review session: you decide when and what information the candidate will have access to for reviewing purposes.
- Set date and time for reviewing an assessment.
- Enable access to the questions and the answers given by the candidate but also determine what other kind of information is visible upon review:
- Temporarily or permanently make Marker's conclusions and even annotations available to your candidates.
- Decide if you show them feedback on questions (when available)
- The candidates easily sees planned sessions and gets access via their Candidate Dashboard: Completed-tab.
- Review sessions can be secured by using PIN or a lockdown browser. Convenient if you don't want the candidates to copy the questions and post them online.
[image: the options of a review session]
[image: the candidate's dashboard offers easy access to planned review sessions]
Fully available on beta next Friday - read more in our article 'Marking: Scheduling review sessions'
We will start to introduce changes to the way assessments can be shared to make this easier and more intuitive. (This will also be updated in Collection sharing and soon to come Schedule sharing). But what's even cooler: we've added the option to share any assessment for demonstration purposes via a simple link.
Use our 'Anonymous sharing'-option and an URL will be generated. Share this link with anyone and they will only have to click it to try out the exam immediately: no login is needed. Please note that there will be a maximum of 50 sessions per month for this feature and no results will be recorded for these sessions.
Traditionally high-stakes assessment take place in a controlled environment with appropriate attention for good and speedy connectivity. Over the last few months however we've seen an increase in (formative) testing from home for example.
Cirrus is a SaaS solution with all kinds of measurements in place to mitigate temporary connection issues. In other words: glitches in the connection are dealt with. In these cases the candidate is not aware of his/her internet connection loss. To prevent the candidate from continuing without internet, we've built in an option to set rules for what should happen if the connection drops. As going too long without a reconnect leads to unwanted results.
We will start by setting it up for you so that after 10 seconds of no connection, the exam attempt will be locked. It is however fully up to you to decide on this. We will be in touch about your preferred setting.
A full list of small improvements and fixes will be added closer to the release.
- [Assessment, Schedules] update translations
- [Reports > Schedules] Schedule does not load [fixed]
- [General] Improve job processing to prevent delays
- [Library > Import] Import questions created with TAO tool (QTI 2.1)
- [Terms retired] Term (periode) is no longer used and will be removed when creating schedules (information tab)
- [API GetResults] Example of the response when candidate did not participate / handed in anything:
All our Release Notes
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant changes. Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receives notice.
Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.