Product Update | 2018-04-13 | Cirrus Assessment
Announcing a medium impact release, fully packed with improvements and exciting new features.
- A new way of sharing your Assessments [NEW]
- Formative SOWISO questions will get multiple attempts [Improved]
- Rich text editor in feedback on questions [Improved]
- Library > Collection: introducing collection labels [NEW]
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
The release is planned for Friday April 13th at 7am CET (check your local time here). There will be approximately 60 minutes of possible service interruption due to migrations involved.
Planned for last release this much anticipated feature will be included in this release. We will start to introduce changes to the way assessments can be shared to make this easier and more intuitive. (This will also be updated in Collection sharing and soon to come Schedule sharing). But what's even cooler: we've added the option to share any assessment for demonstration purposes via a simple link.
Use our 'Anonymous sharing'-option and an URL will be generated. Share this link with anyone and they will only have to click it to try out the exam immediately: no login is needed. Please note that there will be a maximum of 50 sessions per month for this feature and no results will be recorded for these sessions.
Please review your settings to notify current authors who can share of this feature or revoke their sharing access.
Our powerful Maths questions - aka Sowiso items will get even more versatile: we will introduce the option for candidates to repeat answering the same formative question multiple times. As these maths questions can be quite complex, they will be able to practice singular exercises without having to redo the whole test. Please note that only the last answer given by the candidate will be stored.
Listening to your feedback we will change the fields for entering feedback on questions to the rich text WYSIWYG editor - the same as for when entering your question text itself.
Next to our much valued Item labels which are centrally managed, we will introduce collection level labels which authors can create and manage at the collection level.
Read all about using labels in Cirrus.
A full list of all other improvements and fixes will be added closer to the release.
- [Marking, Reports > Export to Excel] Export of more than 100 result rows to Excel
- [Library > Add Item] question ID generated should never be duplicate of existing ID which results in ID is used message
- [Statistics] Improvements to statistics.
- [Essay] Added option to disable spellcheck when using rich text editor
- [Delivery > Review session] Fixed an error in console
- [Marking > Audit] Impossible to print results - fixed
- [Statistics] several fixes
- [External API] It should not be possible to schedule archived assessment
All our Release Notes
These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant planned changes.Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receive notice.
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. Listed items can be subject to change. Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.