Product Update | 2018-09-28 | Cirrus Assessment
Announcing a high impact release packed with great improvements and features:
- Adding PDFs to your questions and pages! [NEW]
- SOWISO: you can now import mathematical questions
- Integrations: extended API's and SAML / SURFconext are here!
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
The release is planned for Friday September 28 at 07:00am CET, (check your local time here). There will be approximately 60 minutes of possible service interruptions due to migrations involved. You can start testing this release one week prior to the date mentioned on your cirrusbeta environment.
With this release we are introducing the option to add PDFs to questions and pages:
Some of the key features of adding Resources include:
- If the question or page contains PDF a 'Resource-button' shows at the bottom of the page
- Clicking this opens a PDF in a separate window
- Option to search is available
- Max size of the uploaded/added file is 10MB
Adding PDFs to sections in Cirrus will follow at a later date. If you have any questions or feedbacj don't hesitate contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
With this release we will extend our Item import to include importing Sowiso questions.
This not only means that you can import any existing questions you might have, or share them with others!
- Feel free to contact us about the possibility to buy Sowiso questions
- Take a look at the different uses of this powerful question type!
Together with our partners, some of our customers and some of the smartest minds from our product team we've continued to improve our integration options and the documentation. Using this mail we want to send out a HUGE thank you to all involved. Results:
- SAML is here! See 'Setting up Single Sign-On (SSO) using SAML 2.0'
- We are proud to be listed by SURF: using our SURFconext integration teachers and students only need to log in once with their institutional account to obtain secure access to Cirrus. No need to remember two different usernames and passwords to get to the content you make available to them!
- Our API has improved again - extended with methods on Assessments (edit, share, delete, set owner upon creation) and results fetching.
- [Export] Filter on Reports > Candidate results > Candidates tab with multi-page results: include result-set only in Export - Fixed
- [Export > Candidate answers] Export file with all question types - for question other then MC, MR, Either/Or, FITB or SFL show empty cell.
- [Export > Candidate scores] Added total points scored column
- [Export > Candidate answers, Candidate results extended] Enable option to export with/without seed items
- [General] Fixed bug where order of questions was not saved
- [Integrations: IMS LIS] Search returns only first user - Fixed
- [Integrations: IMS LIS] updatePerson - DisableLogin and DisablePassword did not update
- [Integrations: API] - Get assessment results extended
- [Admin > Users] Not possible to save user without UserId - Fixed
- [Delivery] Patched memory leak in processing service after hand-in by candidate
- [Delivery] Refactoring time notification for candidates that were paused
- [Delivering > Invigilation] Make the print functionality optional
- [Delivering > Schedule > Add candidates/invigilators] Full tree not shown under ’search hierarchy’
All our Release Notes
These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant planned changes.Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receive notice.
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. Listed items can be subject to change. Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.