Product Update | 2018-10-12 | Cirrus Assessment
Announcing a high impact release packed with a lot of very important improvements for your Markers!
- Important changes to the Interface when marking [IMPROVED!]
- Item level marking: dividing questions in your assessment over multiple markers
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
The release is planned for Friday October 12th at 07:00am CET, (check your local time here).
Approximately 60 minutes of possible service interruptions due to migrations involved.
You can start testing the new interface for marking Essay questions after this weekend!
With this release we are introducing a new and greatly improved UI when marking Essay questions. Some of the key improvements:
- Introduction of a side panel with 'one-click-access' to see:
- Score, overall conclusion and annotations
- Marking scheme for the question
- Section text linked to the question
- Markers can now very easily select horizontal or vertical marking.
- Easy navigation at the top of the page between questions or candidates depending on this choice made by the marker
- Item ID is now visible for Markers
- A dropdown shows you what has been marked and allows you to jump to questions
- You can begin checking all this out on beta starting this Monday!
We will update our article on Marking Essay questions as soon as possible.
With this release we will introduce item level marking: the marking coordinator for a schedule will be able to assign specific markers and moderators to specific questions:
Other changes / fixes / known issues
- [Admin > User Management] UserID needs to be case insensitive
- [Candidate Delivery] Short answer, FITB add HTML definition and attributes to disable certain browser options for text (spellcheck)
- [Export > Candidate answers] Added Short Answer and Numeric to export
- [Export > Candidate results extended] Added Short Answer and Numeric to export.
- [Library > Collection] Impossible to set question feedback - fixed
- [Delivery > Scheduling] the option tab when scheduling has been deprecated.
All our Release Notes
These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant planned changes.Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receive notice.
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. Listed items can be subject to change. Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.