Product Update | 2018-10-31 | Cirrus Assessment
Announcing a medium impact release packed with important changes in Scheduling and the retirement of 'Qualifications'.
- Qualifications will become Clusters
- Assessments: showing exactly who can schedule them
- Scheduling: better information on which Assessment you are scheduling exactly
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
The release is planned for Wednesday October 31st at 07:00am CET, (check your local time here).
Approximately 30 minutes of possible service interruptions due to migrations involved.
Planned testing of this release is one week prior on cirrusbeta.
With this release we are introducing an important change:
- We will renaming Qualifications to Clusters. Functionally this will remain a 'cluster of hierarchies' (groups) that prescribe who can schedule your assessment in Cirrus.
- You will be able to filter your schedules on Clusters and Hierarchies.
- In Marking and Reports you can search on hierarchy. Filters on Qualifications/Clusters will be removed for a cleaner UI.
- You will be able to select who can schedule an assessment by selecting a hierarchy (group) or cluster from now on. So the use of clusters is optional from this release onwards. Read more in our article on 'Setting clusters / hierarchies on an assessment'.
An impression 'Available for scheduling' which will use clusters or hierarchies to determine who can schedule the assessment:
Background of this change: we noticed that our customers have a lot of different interpretations of the word 'qualification' and found usage of the term in Cirrus sometimes confusing or not matching their own. This is why we decided to switch to the use of the more generic 'cluster'.
After this release you will be able to see exactly who can schedule your assessment by simply clicking a link. The 'Who can schedule' link on the Information Tab will open a list:
[Improved] Scheduling: better information on which Assessment you are scheduling exactly
With this release your schedulers will be able to see more relevant information on the assessment they are planning to be taken by your candidates. Information shown to schedulers will include:
- The welcome page.
- Learning Objectives, Assessment Type (Formative or Summative) and maximum score and number of questions.
Other changes / fixes / known issues
- [Cirrus API] Scheduling improvement - check our API documentation for changes
- [Candidate Delivery / General UI] Decrease height of dropdown and input fields
- [Authoring] Opening assessment preview from overview page > next pages won't open - Fixed
- Fix caching issue with schedules need multiple tries to save
- [External API] Schedule created via API should not be generated as Draft if schedule duration is less than attempt duration
- [Assessment] Anonymous sharing should be available even if assessment is not published
- Please check back closer to the release!
All our Release Notes
These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant planned changes.Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receive notice.
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. Listed items can be subject to change. Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.