Product Update | 2018-12-29 | Cirrus Assessment
Announcing a medium impact release. The last of 2018 packed with great features!
- SOWISO question sets will arrive! [ANNOUNCEMENT]
- ReadSpeaker support for your candidates [ANNOUNCEMENT]
- Your feedback helped: general search and persistent PDFs [Improved]
- Sneak peak: item versioning / editing live items coming soon
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
The release is planned for Saturday December 29th at 07:00am CET, (check your local time here).
Approximately 30-60 minutes of possible service interruptions are to be expected.
Testing of this release on cirrusbeta is planned starting one week prior this release date.
They did not make the cut for this release but soon the SOWISO question type will be extended with an extra tab called 'Question set':
Using this you can create SOWISO exercise sets which offers the possibility to use shared parameters over multiple questions.
For candidates these question sets will show on one page and as one question in their overview. For more information see Sowiso question sets: using variables over multiple questions.
It did not make it to this release just yet but it will become possible to have content fields read or manually highlighted text read aloud for those candidates who need this. We will be implementing ReadSpeaker to enable this.
We love your feedback! We often use it to help improve our product (never forget to check our other changes / fixes section in these updates!). This release is no different. With your help we ensured that:
- You will be able to choose if resource files (PDFs) stay open for the whole exam (or until the candidate closes it of course)
- Our general search has been greatly improved - it now includes information on the search results:
contains two great improvements based on it
In our last update we already mentioned that the new item side-bar change was introduced in preparation for the new item versioning. Currently Cirrus supports revisioning of items. Soon we will introduce versioning. Versions are major changes to live items, whereas revisions are smaller changes to item versions. This is now in full on development and we're planning to release this in Q1 2019.
Be sure to have a look at the sneak peak on the new item revisioning and leave your feedback! Some highlights:
- Using a Collection role setting: you will be able to allow users to change used Live items
- Depending on the changes made to an Item used in an assessment you will create a new revision or a new version of the Item
- Assessment authors will be alerted on new versions of items.
- [Safe Exam Browser] We tested the use of SEB 2.1.3 for Mac - use this version going forward.
- [Safe Exam Browser] the latest version of SEB for Windows is tested by us with each release and should be uses as soon as possible.
- [Delivery] enable preview for scheduler (role based only)
- [Global search] added missing search on feedback field
- [Assessment preview, Delivery] PDF file should not always close when navigating - fixed (made optional)
- [SOWISO import] bug with question text - fixed
- [Library > Section] Fix for warning notification when you select status Live
- [Score Report > Export] manually marked, submitted and published question in Score Report should be included in export [fixed]
- [Library > Collection] Questions added to (& removed from) sections used in assessments stay locked - fixed
- [SURFconext][Candidate Delivery] add 'ForceAuthn=”true" to AuthNRequest to force candidates to login each time
- [Report > Detailed Tab] Fill in the blank – correct alternatives are not visualised as being correct despite full score being given.
- [Candidate Delivery][Numeric] Can't (copy &) paste numbers into answer field of numeric question -fixed
- [Cirrus IMS LIS] added Extensions on Group Record Mapping to set Allow relationship with scheduled assessments', to set hierarchy as Root Level and Organisation ID.
All our Release Notes
These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant planned changes.Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receive notice.
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. Listed items can be subject to change. Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.