Summary on scheduling your Assessments via an integration
Using the Cirrus REST API you can easily build an integration to publish your assessments for your candidates from your own systems using an integration. This article describes the administrative side for authors and administrators. In other words: it tells you what to do and where to look.
- Part of this article also applies when you use our out of the box integration with ProctorU.
- Read more about the technical details in our section on the Cirrus REST API.
- Using the correct Assessment External ID
- How does the integration work (summary)?
- What information can I find in Cirrus about automatically created schedules via the integration
- Testing the integrations and using different environments
- Frequently Asked questions when working with an integration
Setup and how does the integration work?
Your authors create Assessments in Cirrus. In order to be able to schedule them using an integration you administrator will need to do a one time setup and authors need to ensure the following:
- Each assessment needs to have a unique External ID.
- The assessment needs to be published
- Do not use any spaces in the Assessment's External ID
- Keep the Code and ExternalID of an Assessment in Cirrus identical (best practice)
How does the integration work?
- To schedule using the integration the Assessment's unique External ID is used to recognise and select the exact correct assessment.
- You also send over information on the candidates that need to take the assessment.
- Using this information the external system will create a schedule (booking) in Cirrus.
- This schedule will also get a unique Schedule External ID to recognise the created schedule(s).
- This Schedule External ID is either set by you upon schedule creation via the integration or if you do not determine it Cirrus will add a random string of text.
- Technical specifications, authorisation and connecting to the correct environment
What setup do I need to do in Cirrus?
Please schedule a call with our support to talk you trough the one time setup needed to start working with the integration.
You will need to decide on:
- Why has access to the authorisation for working with the integration
- Which accounts will be setup as default for to access assessments and schedules created via the integration?
What information can I find in Cirrus about automatically created schedules via the integration
Yes: the schedule should be visible for admins via Admin > Content Management > Schedules.
The scheduler who can see it is set under Admin > External API > Select scheduler. (I've had a session on this with someone from the team)
Testing the integrations and using different environments
Ask your development team for details needed for testing on different environments.
Frequently Asked questions when working with an integration
Q: Can I create assessments using the Cirrus API?
A: Yes, check our technical documentation on the details.
Q: How do I set up a schedule in our system?
A: Most of the times this is completely unknown to Cirrus