Product Update | June 7 - 2019 | Cirrus Assessment
Approximately 60 minutes of possible service interruptions are to be expected due to migrations. This release is planned to be available on cirrusbeta one week prior this release date.
- Sections: several great improvements [NEW]
- UI improvements
- Integrations: API extended and automatic sync key generation [NEW]
- Other improvements, changes and bug fixes
This release will carry some great improvements regarding the use of sections:
- You can set a pass-mark score or percentage for library based sections.
- An introduction page for library based sections will show to candidates before they open it. This will show once per section.
- Revision history for all sections in the Library will be added (no versioning).
- We will visualise which questions are part of a section in the overviews in candidate delivery and in reports for authors and candidates.
A library based section is a section which has questions added to it in the library. Authors will be able to setup a pass mark for such sections under extended options:
Candidates will see an introduction page before their section starts (if it is a library based section that is) telling them if a timer or pass mark or pass percentage has been set.
We try to include UI improvement whenever possible. Showing which questions belong to sections in reports and delivery is already mentioned above. The most notable other improvements in this release:
- We will slightly alter the lay-out of some navigation button uses by both candidates and authors (for those with a sharp eye who notice such things!)
- We will extend the use of the 'select all component' in tables:
Integrations: API extended and automatic sync key generation [NEW]
Customers who use our External API and/or IMS LIS will have several great improvements:
- API: We've added methods to create, update and delete Collections and Hierarchies
- API: The method 'Get available groups (hierarchies)' will return all properties after the release.
- IMS LIS: synchronisation keys for users, hierarchies and memberships will be created automatically in all cases. Currently when such entities are created for example manually or upon import (so outside of IMS LIS) they do not automatically get a sync key.
We will amend this and all existing users, hierarchies and memberships that do not have a sync key will get one via migrations run during the release.
- [API] Add information about pass percent and rounding rule when retrieving results via /api/v1/integrations/results.
Other improvements and bug fixes
- [Export] Add Answer for Programming questions to export
- [Import Users from Excel] Add sub hierarchy using import (fixed) and fix for synchronising user data when importing.
- [Marking] Questions are not shown for allocation per item (fixed)
- [External API] Update schedule returns error (fixed)
- [Sowiso] migration to fix different parameters in some cases (legacy)
- [CIP question] scoring in preview should be same as in delivery (fixed)
- [Review session] assessments with newer versions cannot be selected (fixed)
- [Financial Statement] Option to handle empty cell as 0 and adding of calculated values (so-called (sub)totals) should work.
- [Logs] additional logs for Q43
- [Scheduling/Proctoring] retry attempt generation upon time-out (CR-9509)
- [Review sessions] - section information for Essay questions did not show (fixed)
- [Library > Collections > Import/Export] Add separate column for personal labels
- [Delivering > Invigilation > User logs] Show UserId
- [Export] Tables in candidate answers on essay items need to be included (fixed)
- [Delivering > Invigilation tab > Invigilation details > Print candidate list] Start and End time should show date + time
- [Assessments] Last modified date should change in GUI when updated via API
- [Content management] Schedules not loading for draft scheduled via API missing setting on 'Show candidate results' (fixed)
All our Release Notes
These product updates aim to highlight our most relevant planned changes.Click 'follow' on our release notes page to always receive notice.
You can always find all our updates and release notes on our customer portal. Listed items can be subject to change. Please do not hesitate to contact us. You can send us your thoughts and comments at email@example.com
The Cirrus Assessment Team
Please note that items listed in an announcement for a release can be subject to change. We are working very hard to get all this great stuff out to you. However, each item goes through our rigorous manual and automated testing and needs to get a final 'green light' to be included. Our announcements serve to give you a heads up. Upon request we also offer the opportunity for you to do your own pre-testing for high-impact releases.